This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a remarkable and professional team, for a generalist engineer with a minimum of 5 years of practical experience, who enjoys multi-client work and has worked with complex environments.
Elite Business Systems is a Technology Solutions Provider and across the group has branches in Hamilton, Tauranga and Auckland. Elite was founded in 1988 with a key focus on building long-lasting business relationships. We are proud to still be the trusted advisors to clients who joined us when our company first started.
About the role:
We are looking for a talented IT Systems Engineer (Level 2/3) to join our highly skilled engineering team in Elite’s Hamilton office. You will be a senior member of the Remote Support Team – assisting our clients with day-to-day maintenance and support requirements. The work is exciting and rewarding, and the team environment is exceptional. You will need to have extremely sound technical skills and enjoy working with a variety of clients.
- Provide technical support for calls and tickets
- Monitor and respond to alerts via our ticketing system, RMM & backup monitoring systems
- Act as an escalation point in the Remote Support Team
- Work closely with Technical Team Leads for further escalations
- Mentor Level 1 & 2 engineers on technical and troubleshooting matters
- Develop our knowledgebase and ensure client documentation is up-to-date
- Manage problems both proactively and reactively in order to constantly improve our clients’ IT environments
- A minimum of 5 years practical experience configuring and supporting Microsoft Windows Server and desktop operating systems
- Experience installing and configuring Server 2012 – 2019
- Experience deploying and supporting a range of desktop, server, and networking hardware
- In-depth knowledge of a broad range of desktop and server applications and services
- Experience working with complex networks
- Experience working with virtualization technology
You will demonstrate a high level of skill in:
- Clear and concise communication
- Taking initiative and ownership
- Making sound problem-solving decisions
- Actively working in and supporting a strong team environment
- Good documentation skills
- Previous experience working in multi-site / multi-client environment
- Experience with ConnectWise Manage & ConnectWise Automate
- Experience working with HP servers, desktops & notebooks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Cloud technologies
Your package will include:
- Good base salary
- Opportunity for overtime and on-call work
- Remote access allowance
If you believe you have the personality, experience and ability to be successful in this position, then we would like to talk to you.
Please note – to be considered for this role, you must have NZ experience, you must be living in NZ now, and you must hold NZ Residency or NZ citizenship (no exceptions). You will be contacted if you are chosen for an interview. We would like to thank all other applicants for your interest and wish you the very best in your search for a position.